Saturday, March 1, 2014

Depression, and the Law of Attraction

I'm already starting to feel better! I started back on my supplements on Monday and by yesterday morning they were starting to kick in. Its crazy to feel the difference. I went from looking at the world with no hope (those of you who have dealt with depression will understand that) to feeling okay. I'm not quite to where I was, oozing with happiness and energy, but I'm heading there.

Depression
 I know I'll be happy to have experienced depression someday, so I know how to help other people. I don't know if you can fully understand depression unless you've gone through it. You feel tired, you feel hopeless. I couldn't think of one thing that would get me excited about life. I can understand if you go through depression for a long time and have no hope of getting better, and have no one to rely on, how people can think death is the answer. Depression takes over your brain and heart and makes it dark, steals you passions and dreams (or makes them something you're not excited about), it's so awful! 

Both times I've gotten better, in (Dec-Jan) and yesterday and today, my husband has talked about how he can see a difference in our 7 year old daughter. We noticed it in our whole family. As I got better and happier, so did everyone else. Now that I've been able to get better, my sweet daughter is bouncy, and happy, and light, and giggles a lot more. Whether its good or bad, my family reflects me. The whole "if mamma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" really is true with our little family. And that makes me even more thankful I'm getting better. I want our home to be a happy home, where we laugh a lot and have fun. That is my dream, that is what I want out of life. I don't want a billion dollars, I just want to be happy and for our family to be happy....

Law of Attraction
I don't know it I'm going to throw off anyone reading this, but I really want to share my beliefs and what makes me tick on this blog. I believe in the law of attraction, that like attracts like. That if you have a goal, and focus on that goal, that you will achieve it. Let me explain with my best example~

The last couple of years in Oregon I had a goal to get our family to Vegas, and at first my husband was unsure and not totally on board. I wanted to keep it in focus so I went on yahoo and typed in 'Las Vegas homes' and found one I liked and put it up on my bathroom mirror. I love both modern and mid century homes, so I picked out a modern one. When I looked at the picture my thought was not about being in that particular home (for one it was probably at least a million dollars) but I wanted to be where that home was. So I would look at the picture, and every few days I would be sitting with my boys as they went to sleep at night, and as I would rub their backs I would close my eyes and visualize living in Las Vegas. I would, in my thoughts, go through my life in Vegas. Here is a version of the picture on my mirror (my picture in Oregon was this but just pulled back a little where you could see more of the driveway).

 So in January of 2013 both my husband and I, as we prayed about moving to Vegas, felt good about it, but all of the sudden we both had this feeling we need to get there fast. We both felt this sense of urgency. So we got a move on. Within 2 months I was in Las Vegas with this kids, looking for a place to live, and a few weeks later my husband joined us. We found a house to rent and we felt good about renting that particular house. Within the first month of living in our home I was going to Target. There is a road that is behind our home that leads right to a Target. As I'm driving and am almost there, I looked up at a new housing development and that exact picture that had been on my Oregon bathroom mirror was right there in front of the development, almost as big as a billboard. That is about a mile from my house. And having lived here in Vegas (Henderson) a year, I have not seen that picture anywhere else. When I saw it I knew the law of attraction had worked.

If you can dream it, it can happen. Sounds super corny, but its true! All you need to do is pick what you want out of life. And I think God guides you a bit. I don't want a billion dollars, although I do want enough for our family to be comfortable and to help others, but my dreams are of having a happy family that does fun things together. When I visualize I dream of a trailer that we fixed up, one like this
                                                                                   
and traveling. As a child my family had this old beater Winnebago. My dad took us camping almost every weekend in the summer and I LOVED it. We even went to Yellowstone. I want that for my family. I want to travel, I want to go camping, I want to see the world, and to have my kids have the same childhood experience as I did. To sit in the evenings in our trailer far from home, playing board games together. Other dreams include my husband's business succeeding, being in shape and healthy, helping other people with their health, and like I said before - just being plain old happy. 

So if you want to jump on my Law of Attraction train, go on Netflix if you have it, and watch The Secret. I look at The Secret as having faith, and making faith an actually tool, to know how to use it. 

Also, if you are reading my blog, please comment. I have no idea who is out there reading this, but my dashboard shows people looking at my blog. I would love to have some feedback.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment