Today's post is inspired from a text from my mother
in law. It said 'Papa got excited yesterday reading
Alma 46:40. You and Paul should read it'.
Another thing is that I don't believe western medicine holds the answers to our health, quite the opposite. I do think there are some good things in western medicine, like my awesome epidurals when I have my babies, but in everything else western medicine has really let me down. My current supplements I'm taking are not medication from pharmaceutical companies, its basically herbs and vitamins, and I am doing amazing. I'm getting better so quickly, its really a miracle to me, after being so bad for so long.
After getting no answers from my doctors for years and years and years, I have a much more open mind to other forms of healing. Herbs, therapy, emotional tapping, and finally, oils. I have, over the last couple of years have had some help from oils, thanks to wonderful friend, Sue Shaw, back in my home state of Oregon. She helped me figure out which ones helped me when I didn't know what was wrong with my body, I just knew things weren't right. Since she's helped me, and so many others, I've always been interested in them. I was too busy with work and popping out cute babies while I lived in Oregon to get into them, but now I've dived in. I'm officially in, I'm a do terra sales rep.. Mostly for the discount, but I'm hoping to be able to help people be healthier in any way I can. To actually, honestly, for reals help people.
And
there were some who died with fevers, which at some seasons
of the year
were very frequent in the land—
but not so much so with fevers, because
of the excellent qualities of the many plants
and roots which God had prepared to remove the cause of diseases,
to which men were subject by the nature of the climate.
There are other scriptures that talk about the good plants, herbs and oils can do for us. Some include Doctrine and Covenants 59:17-20 and 89:10. There are plenty of scriptures in the Bible that talk about oil, and anointing oil, but I want to study the scriptures a bit more before I post those. I am so grateful for a loving God that put these helpful things here to help us with our health. There is no way I believe for a second that drugs and modern medicine is the only way, and at this point I'm very doubtful it is the way to go hardly ever. I'm not saying this in a bitter way, I've just seen so many examples of those around me (obviously including myself) where it hasn't helped out a bit. How can I get better and healthy when I go to a normal doctor and I get 15 minutes if I'm lucky, and the whole time he or she is figuring out what prescription I need to cover up my symptoms, not how I can get better? Honestly!
The state of our health in the United States is awful. There is so many problems with obesity, cancer, mental health, etc, and I firmly believe the food we put in our body is the problem. If you really look into whats in normal, non organic food it will gross you right out. "Ew" (say it in Jimmy Fallon's voice :)).
Bug poop in candy like Skittles? Yup.
Sand and human hair in our food? Yes ma'am.
Boiled pig skin is what makes jello jiggle? Yes again.
Carbon monoxide in meat to make it fresh? Yes- carbon monoxide, the same stuff that comes out of the exhaust of your car!
(read about these and so many more gross facts about your food here: http://juiytip.com/entertainment/the-grossest-things-we-eat-every-day)
Why are Americans so sick and unhealthy???
The answer is obvious people!!!
I'm not bring up all this to start a fight, or to make anyone feel bad. I really want to shock people into getting healthy. I want everyone to feel as good as I have with eating healthy. If you have questions please comment and I will answer the best I can. I would be willing to post some of my family's favorite vegetarian recipes if it is requested :).
No comments:
Post a Comment